Pest Control In Norfolk, VA
Part of the Chesapeake metropolitan area, Norfolk is known for its nationally renowned naval base and all the maritime commerce and activities that the Chesapeake Bay is known for. But coastal climates and heavily populated areas are magnets for pest activity. This is why Norfolk property owners need to learn how they can keep infestations from forming and quickly clamp down on pests that do move in. At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we can help. Learn how below.
Residential Pest Control In Norfolk
Keeping pests out of your home is about more than just reacting to problems once they are already there. Instead, you should take a proactive approach, checking for signs of pest activity often and regularly calling on professionals who can offer you preventative treatments. That’s because pest problems tend to compound. There are the nasty critters themselves, plus the property damage they may bring. In order to avoid this, you need to turn to residential pest control experts like Hawk Mosquito & Pest.
Here’s how we help Norfolk homeowners:
- Quarterly Service: We service your home every three months, accounting for seasonal pest problems and making sure that we are frequently checking for signs of an infestation forming.
- Inspections: Part of every service includes a thorough check of your property, inside and out. We’re not just looking for signs of pests themselves, but also the factors that might be attracting them.
- Treatments: Our treatments aren’t just for eliminating existing pest populations. We also shield you from future invasions, making sure you never have a problem again.
Get started on complete residential pest control today by contacting the pros at Hawk Mosquito & Pest.
Commercial Pest Control In Norfolk
Proper pest control is incredibly important for local businesses. Pest populations can lead to property damage, not to mention public health issues, so the long-term effects of an infestation are really worse than the immediate problem. Those health hazards not only pose risks to your employees and clients, but they also risk you being fined or closed by local officials. This is why proper commercial pest control is an important investment for business owners.
Here is how Hawk Mosquito & Pest can keep invaders out:
- Basic Pest Control: At the very least, you want this basic protection from the most common pest problems.
- Specialty Control: But some pests require a specific approach and a fast response. This kind of treatment protects against damaging termites and rodents, plus other kinds of pests that may pose larger threats.
- Cost Benefits: Again, the cost benefits of proper commercial pest control far outweigh the immediate expense. This is why partnering with pest professionals is a sound investment.
Let Hawk Mosquito & Pest protect your Norfolk business from pests by contacting us today.
A Step-By-Step Guide To Cockroach Control For Norfolk Property Owners
Cockroaches are some of the most prevalent invaders of homes and businesses. Not only do they contaminate food sources and populate quickly, but they can also even pose health risks. They carry diseases, and the dust and dander that their activity contributes to aren’t healthy for anyone, certainly not people with asthma or other sensitive groups like the elderly. This is why you should take these steps to help make sure no cockroach infestations are ever a concern:
- Food Storage: Cockroaches can chew through weak food packaging or take advantage of crumbs and traces left behind after meals. This is why proper storage and deep cleaning are key.
- Moisture Control: Roaches are attracted to areas of moisture, so quickly addressing poor ventilation or leaks and drips is another prevention measure.
- Access Points: A cockroach can flatten its body to fit through small cracks or tight spaces. This is why you should address any potential access points, no matter how small.
Rather than sweating all these details by yourself, let the experts at Hawk Mosquito & Pest deal with cockroach prevention. Contact us today to see how we can offer total protection.
How Dangerous Are The Termites In Norfolk?
Most of the time when people think of dangerous pests they picture venomous snakes and spiders or other types of stinging and biting pests that do physical harm. But some of the most dangerous pests to humans are some that actually tend to keep to themselves. Most people don’t even know that they have a problem until the dangers are apparent. We are talking about termites, which pose less direct harm to you but tons of danger to your property.
As termite damage mounts, it can lead to structural issues that pose larger hazards to your health and your buildings. Plus, the presence of termites and other pests on your Norfolk property can draw in the worse pests that we tend to be more afraid of. In order to avoid this, you need to turn to pest control experts who know how to spot the signs of termites early and implement treatments that keep them out in the first place. Turn to Hawk Mosquito & Pest to get started on proper protection from termite damage today.
What You Need To Know To Keep Ants Out Of Your Norfolk Home
Ants are tiny pests that can easily fit into the smallest openings around your home to gain access to your property. Once they get inside, they breed quickly and spread their populations, making it hard to get ahead of an infestation. If you want to prevent ants from infesting your home, there are some helpful tips to keep in mind. Here’s what you need to know to keep ants out of your Norfolk home:
- Clean up spills and crumbs immediately.
- Eliminate access to food by keeping food in airtight containers.
- Seal off entrances and block access points by repairing cracks and crevices along the foundation.
- Spray an ant-barrier insecticide around your home.
- Wash dirty dishes promptly.
- Wipe down surfaces to clean up residue and food remnants.
While it’s always great to be proactive, the truth is that none of these methods are completely effective on their own. The most reliable source of ant control is professional pest control services. Get in touch with Hawk Mosquito & Pest today to learn more about our ant control solutions and how we can help protect your property from infestation.
Five Sure Signs Your Norfolk Property Has A Cockroach Problem
When it comes to detecting cockroaches around your property, there are some common indications of cockroach activity to keep in mind. Here are five sure signs your Norfolk property has a cockroach problem:
- Cockroaches create a musky odor throughout active areas.
- Cockroach droppings may resemble coffee grounds or pepper grindings.
- Cockroaches leave excrement, saliva, and feces wherever they roam.
- Cockroaches discard carcasses and egg casings as they progress through their life cycle.
- Cockroaches are often active and spotted around the kitchen and bathrooms.
Professional pest control is the best way to go if you suspect cockroach activity in your home or business. The experts at Hawk Mosquito & Pest provide comprehensive cockroach control and prevention services that protect your property throughout the year. Contact us today to schedule an initial inspection. We’re here to help.
What To Do If You Find Moths In Your Norfolk Closet
Clothing moths are known for causing damage to common fabric items like scarves, coats, sweaters, rugs, pillows, blankets, comforters, upholstery, and many others. They feed on animal fibers, most notably wool, fur, silk, feathers, felt, mohair, cashmere, and leather.
If you want to prevent clothing moths in your home, here are some tips to consider: Vacuum along and beneath rugs and carpets, along baseboards, and underneath furniture. After you finish vacuuming, remove the vacuum bag, discard it outside, and clean hair and lint out of heating vents and air ducts.
You should discard any old or infested items and thoroughly clean the clothes you keep. This includes monitoring fabrics and closets for clothes moth activity and signs of damage. Storing clothes made of wool, fur, or feathers in tightly sealed plastic storage bins can help, and use garment bags to hang up dresses and suits.
If you find moths in your Norfolk closet, our best piece of advice is to contact your local pest experts. That’s the only guaranteed way to deal with problems effectively and efficiently. Reach out to Hawk Mosquito & Pest today for professional pest control services and clothing moth treatments that you can trust.
What You Should Know About Spiders In Norfolk
Your Norfolk property is vulnerable to spider activity all year, and you must protect yourself. It’s important to address your spider control needs. To get you started in your spider prevention efforts, there are some things you should know about spiders in Norfolk.
While the majority of local spiders aren’t harmful, there are some poisonous species to be knowledgeable about to be safe. The brown recluse and the black widow are two spider species that are known for their poisonous venom. The reaction can be severe if they bite you and inject that venom into your body. The good news is that it’s rare for someone to die from a spider bite. However, they’re obviously still not welcome in your home or business.
The best thing you can do to protect yourself from spider activity is to secure quality spider control and prevention services from the pest professionals. The team at Hawk Mosquito & Pest is here to protect you from infestation throughout the year.
Call us today to learn more about our spider control and prevention services, and we will set up your initial inspection right away. We look forward to servicing you.