You Could Be Dealing With A House Mouse Infestation In Chesapeake
November 15, 2022
Mice might be small and seemingly inconspicuous, but they’re actually one of the most common reasons people seek professional pest control in Chesapeake. Not only are these pests capable of causing a lot of damage to your house and physical property, but they can also make you very ill if you’re not careful. Read on to learn more about these pests, and how Hawk Mosquito & Pest can help your home be mouse-free today.
Signs Of Mice In Your Chesapeake Home
If you’re dealing with house mice, the signs will be unmistakable. They might be small, but they leave behind some big clues indicating their presence.
Below are the most common things you’ll notice if there are mice in your Chesapeake home:
- Chew marks: One of the first things you might notice are chew marks on cardboard boxes, wooden furniture, papers, wires, and anything else they can get their teeth on. Mice’s teeth constantly grow, so they constantly need to gnaw on something to wear them down. They will do this on your property.
- Droppings: The other most common sign of mice in your home are mouse droppings. These will be anywhere the mice are hanging out, so typically in your basement, attic, or garage.
- Nesting materials: If your infestation is severe enough, the mice will have started reproducing and building nests. They do this with soft materials such as paper, cardboard, and insulation.
One of the reasons it is so important to get rid of mice is that you only need to be exposed to their nesting materials or droppings to potentially contract the diseases mice carry. At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, our team of expert technicians will root out the source of your infestation and take the time to get rid of your infestation the first time. Give us a call for help today.
Can Mice In Your Chesapeake House Make You Sick?
A mouse infestation in Chesapeake can quickly compromise your and your family’s health and well-being. If exposed to infected mice and their urine, feces, and nesting materials, you could contract:
- Salmonellosis: If mice are running across your countertops, or anywhere you store and prepare food, they could be spreading harmful bacteria that will cause you to contract salmonellosis. This is a serious food poisoning illness, and symptoms include fever, stomach pain, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Hantavirus: This illness is spread as mouse urine and feces turn to dust, eventually spreading particles in the air. If you breathe these pathogens in, you can contract this virus. Symptoms include fever, chills, and aches and pains. If left untreated, hantavirus can cause shortness of breath, and can progress to kidney failure.
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV): This infection can cause severe neurological problems in humans, and you can contract this by simply being exposed to mouse droppings, urine, saliva, or nesting materials.
At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we have been effectively exterminating entire mouse infestations in Chesapeake homes since 2017. Our technicians are highly trained and come armed with the most advanced tools and treatments available on the professional market. If there are mice in your home, don’t risk contracting an illness; give us a call for help today!
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Mice Inside Your Home
While getting mouse traps might seem like the most obvious course of action when you discover an infestation, the best thing you can do for yourself is contact a professional. Mice are naturally avoidant of traps, and even if you manage to kill a few adult mice, this does not stop the rest of the colony from reproducing, and you can still be exposed to deadly diseases. The safest way to deal with mice in your home is to have the professionals come through and efficiently remove the mouse infestation for you.
Natural Mouse Prevention Tips For Chesapeake Homes
At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we aren’t just budget-friendly; we’re also eco-friendly! We offer eco-friendly, all-natural products to treat your infestation. Our technicians are highly trained to safely and effectively exterminate your entire infestation, ensuring nobody becomes ill or gets bitten. Additionally, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. You shouldn’t have to live with mice in your home. Let’s work together to remove them from your home once and for all with our effective rodent control services in Chesapeake. Give us a call today!