Professional Pest Management In Windsor, VA
The friendly, small-town atmosphere of Windsor is loved by many who enjoy living and working in this hidden gem. Windsor's community often comes together at events like First Friday concerts at the gazebo, where everyone is welcome
To get the most out of living in a place like Windsor, you also have to consider the problems people experience here, including pests! Many insects and animals infest homes and businesses, causing frustrating and sometimes dangerous issues.
But you can keep your home or business protected year-round when working with Hawk Mosquito and Pest for dependable Isle of Wight County pest control services.
Residential Pest Control In Windsor
At Hawk Mosquito and Pest, we offer a simple overview of our residential pest control process because we believe protecting your home from insects and animals shouldn't be complicated. In this easy to understand outline, you can take a look at the services we will perform on your property:
- First, we meet with all new customers to discuss concerns and needs.
- Then, we perform an inspection of the home to identify pest activity and conducive conditions.
- We service the interior to eliminate active pests and the exterior to protect from new pest threats for the initial treatment.
- Finally, we set to implement a follow-up schedule that is monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, or annually to provide year-round protection from seasonal pests.
Our residential pest control program covers the most common pests in our area, but some require a more intensive approach, which is why we also offer these specialty services:
- Ant control
- Bed bug control
- Cockroach control
- Mosquito control
- Rodent control
- Spider control
- Stinging insect control
- Termite control
- Plus, crawlspace and foundation repair!
Call us at Hawk Mosquito and Pest for more information about any of our services!
Commercial Pest Control In Windsor
The most effective, tailored commercial pest control to meet a business's specific needs is precisely our approach at Hawk Mosquito and Pest. We will note all the necessary information for a treatment plan, beginning with a personalized inspection that focuses on areas and problems of concern. Your custom treatment plan will eliminate pest activity and prevent new problems from forming. The methods and products we use are always appropriate for your facility, so you can have peace of mind that we meet industry standards by not under or over-applying products.
Facilities we service include:
- Condos and developments
- Hotels and motels
- Retail space
- Storage and warehouses
When working with Hawk Mosquito and Pest, you can expect solutions to eliminate pests quickly and efficiently. And with flexible follow-up services, you can get the treatments you need on a schedule that works for you and your business.
Reach out to our Hawk Mosquito and Pest experts for more information about our commercial pest control services and how you can get started with a custom plan.
Having Cockroaches In Your Windsor Home Is Worse Than You May Think
While most people can probably agree that having cockroaches in your home isn't a good thing, many don't realize how bad they are. We want to tell you about the dangers of cockroaches and what to do about them:
- When cockroaches move around a home, they leave waste and shed skin and saliva wherever they go, which can cause allergies and asthma.
- These pests are not known for their cleanliness and will carry bacteria and other microorganisms into a home and spread them, making people sick.
- Cockroaches carry and spread many diseases, including, but not limited to, listeriosis, cholera, giardia, gastroenteritis, dysentery, salmonellosis, and leprosy.
- If faced with a cockroach infestation, don't try to eliminate them on your own, as they are one of the most challenging pests to eradicate.
- Look to professionals for expert assistance because cockroaches have immunity to conventional products, so more advanced solutions and methods are needed to remove them.
Although having cockroaches in your home is terrible, you don't need to worry about working with Hawk Mosquito and Pest. Contact us today to learn about our cockroach control services.
Are These Ants On My Windsor Property Dangerous?
The ants you see around your property are a nuisance, which means they don't spread diseases or pose a physical threat to people. But even nuisance species can cause some problems, such as spreading bacteria and contaminating food.
Also, because ant infestations often occur in large numbers, they can be challenging and stressful. And the stress of a pest infestation can cause people to lose sleep, have trouble eating, and affect overall daily function. Don't think twice about obtaining professional assistance with ant control and prevention.
At Hawk Mosquito and Pest, we offer specialty ant control services to remove active infestations and keep new ones from forming; call us today to schedule an inspection!
Termites: The Silent Destroyers Threatening Windsor Homes
Termites are unsuspecting pests that are also responsible for 5 billion dollars in collective damage to homes in the United States every year. They have an insatiable appetite for wood and can eat through it 24/7 unless they are stopped. There are several different species of termites that are present in the Windsor area and they all want something different. The subterranean termite enters properties through the soil and then typically moves on to attack the property’s structural wood. They can spread from one property to the next below the ground, as their name would suggest. This type of termite can have colonies that reach into the millions of members.
Dampwood termites specifically seek out wood that has been made weak due to water damage and mold. This is why it’s particularly important for homeowners to practice good habits by turning off sinks and showers completely and never ignoring signs of a leak. On the other hand, drywood termites primarily look for dry, brittle wood to infest. This is why they are likely to invade decks and porches that are in poor condition or that haven’t been properly painted and treated. Instead of becoming another statistic, call Hawk Mosquito & Pest for termite control today.
How To Prevent Wasps And Other Stinging Insects In Windsor
Wasps and other stinging insects can make a summer outside in Windsor very challenging for people. They are territorial and aggressive at times, which can lead them to sting. If you want to enjoy your property and avoid these pests, try the following tips:
- Change personal habits. Instead of wearing bright colors or punchy prints, incorporate lighter, simpler clothes into your wardrobe. You’ll also want to skip wearing perfume and use unscented personal products as well.
- Try decoys. Wasps will return to a property to check on old nests to determine if a property is still viable. But if they suspect that other wasps have taken up residence, they may leave. You can try to recreate nests by hanging paper lanterns in the yard.
- Consider what you plant. Because wasps and stinging insects are valuable pollinators, it’ll come as no surprise that they are attracted to sweet flowers. Instead of these, opt for mint, basil, rosemary, and lemongrass.
For more information on stinging insect control, call Hawk Mosquito & Pest today.
Proactive Rodent Prevention Methods Every Windsor Resident Should Know
Rats and mice are two very crafty types of pests that want to enter Windsor homes to get what they need. They are capable of climbing trees, using holes in bulkheads, slipping through cracks in foundations, and many other sneaky entrance methods. Here are a few proactive measures that people can take to limit their exposure to rodents:
- Practice routine cleaning. Keeping a tidy home is one of the most impactful ways to prevent rodents. In doing so, you will remove potential food sources that come when kitchens and other rooms are dirty with crumbs or food residue. Being meticulous about garbage removal is key to this effort.
- Be on the lookout for leaks. Rodents seek out humid conditions as well as little leaks that will provide them with a water source. Instal dehumidifiers in places like the basement or crawl spaces. Check bathrooms, kitchens, and plumbing for leaks regularly and fix any that appear.
- Keep food stored properly. Instead of using store packaging for pantry snacks, opt for sealed containers. This is important for pet food, too.
- Get ahead of things with help. Enlist the services of a pest control professional to reduce entry points, eliminate attractive factors, and receive treatments for rodents that cannot be bought in the store.
For more information on rodent control, call Hawk Mosquito & Pest today.
Say Goodbye To Spiders With Help From Hawk Mosquito & Pest
pest activity. They often eat ants, cockroaches, gnats, mosquitoes, flies, and even other spiders. Spiders are also lured by moisture issues and the presence of hiding spots. This means that spider control needs a holistic approach, which only a professional can provide.
At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we are just the team to call. We are a local business that always acts with integrity and puts our customers first. Our services are comprehensive and affordable and we even offer free inspections.
You can expect a detailed evaluation of your entire property when we come to visit. During these inspections, we’re looking for signs of spider activity as well as any other pests that might be attracting them. We’ll also assess for the conducive conditions that are responsible for luring spiders to begin with. After we’ve identified where problems are and what’s causing them, we’ll move forward with a treatment plan that is informed by Integrated Pest Management methods. This system allows us to be as environmentally conscious as possible and create reliable, lasting results. We have the ability to use eco-friendly products inside and outside too if you desire them. We also offer follow-up visits on a quarterly, bi-monthly, or monthly basis to ensure that spiders don’t return. To say goodbye to spiders, call us today.