Pest Control In Suffolk, VA
Known for its pairing with Norfolk, Virginia, Suffolk is the more suburban area of the Chesapeake metropolitan area. Known for its inland swamps and nature spaces, Suffolk property owners have plenty of pest populations to contend with. From mosquitoes that thrive in humid climates to rodents and other invaders that benefit from human activity, it’s important to get started early on pest control. Learn how with the help of professionals.
Residential Pest Control In Suffolk
Many people underestimate the serious problems that pests can cause both inside and outside of homes. From costly and hazardous damage to diseases and other health concerns, pests aren’t the kind of problem you want to simply leave alone to grow. Unfortunately, most people only act on residential pest control after they notice the signs of pests are already there. The better course of action is to partner early and often with pest control experts who can head off these problems before they become serious.
Here is how Hawk Mosquito & Pest can assist you today:
- Quarterly Service: Pests tend to come in waves, and different species are active during different times of the year. That’s why our quarterly service provides comprehensive protection against all kinds of pest concerns.
- Elimination: If pests have already moved in or are nesting around your property, we can quickly eliminate them with safe and effective methods.
- Prevention: More importantly, though, professional pest control helps to avoid pest infestation in the first place. We don’t just treat the immediate problem, we protect against future ones, too.
For residential pest control that actually protects you against infestations in Suffolk, contact Hawk Mosquito & Pest today.
Commercial Pest Control In Suffolk
Keeping pests from ruining your business is a constant battle, no matter what kind of property you own or what commercial operations you oversee. Pests are drawn to the food, water, and shelter that can be found on all properties, so the extra human activity that happens on business lots means that local property owners have to be preventative, not just reactive. Simply put, it’s important to partner with experts for commercial pest control.
At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we can help you in the following ways:
- Basic Pest Control: Our basic pest services are designed to be general and account for the most frequent invaders of human properties. This includes things like basic insect and rodent control.
- Specialty Control: For the most comprehensive protection, however, we utilize specialty services that also protect against the more damaging and dangerous pests, like termites.
- Cost Benefits: Even though it can seem cheaper to try store-bought products or DIY solutions, these actually wind up costing more in the long run. They won’t eliminate the problem fully and you’ll keep having to waste time and money. This is why commercial pest control offered by experts is actually the cheapest in the long term.
Make sure your Suffolk business never succumbs to the woes of a pest infestation, contact Hawk Mosquito & Pest today.
How Spiders Could Be Getting Inside Your Suffolk Home
Spiders can seem like the inevitable cost of having a home sometimes. House spiders are so common that just about everyone has seen one inside their property from time to time. This is why it’s important to learn how you can curb the factors that tend to attract them to your home in the first place:
- Landscaping: An overgrown lawn or a yard with lots of long branches for them to spin webs on is essentially an ideal hunting ground for spiders. Keeping your yard trim and maintained is key.
- Access Points: Spiders tend to be small enough to fit in through gaps below the door, holes in window screens, or even just cracks in the wall. That’s why you should regularly inspect and maintain these areas.
- Other Pests: Spiders aren’t attracted to homes because of the same things as other pests. Instead, they are attracted by those other pests themselves. This is why overall pest control is really the best way to prevent house spiders.
At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we can help you with all these factors. Contact us today to get started.
Six Practical Ant Control Tips For Suffolk Property Owners
The most common invasive pests of them all are ants. They can detect mere traces of food and moisture inside of a property, and they are small enough to take advantage of access points that other pests can’t. And not all ant species are mere nuisances; some can lead to property damage or health concerns.
Here are six ant control tips that will reduce your risk:
- Food Storage: Ants can get inside of open containers and forage for crumbs, so fully addressing food sources is the most important part of ant control.
- Trash Storage: But ants can also live off the food we throw away, so you need your trash to be inaccessible to their numbers.
- Crack Sealing: Regularly checking your property’s exterior for cracks or holes will help you address potential access points promptly.
- Moisture Control: Ants and other pests are attracted to moisture, so quickly addressing areas of buildup is crucial.
- Inspections: In order to spot all the factors that might be drawing in pests, let an expert inspect your property for attractants or signs of pests themselves.
- Treatments: Professionals can also offer comprehensive treatments that ward off ants and other pests. This is the surest way to make sure an infestation never happens to you.
Protect your Suffolk property from ants and other pests by contacting Hawk Mosquito & Pest Control today.
Suffolk's Ultimate Beetle Prevention Handbook
There are a variety of beetle species around Suffolk, whether it be wood-infesting powder post beetles or rug-infesting carpet beetles. Experiencing beetle activity around your home is far from pleasant, which is why it’s important to get serious about your beetle control efforts.
You can take some preventative measures around your property to keep beetles away. Here’s a quick beetle prevention handbook for Suffolk property owners:
- Control moisture issues around the property.
- Inspect and seal any wooden surfaces.
- Maintain cleanliness around your home.
- Maintain proper drainage and ventilation.
- Remove any moisture-damaged or rotting wood.
- Vacuum carpets and steam clean upholstery.
While these prevention tips can be beneficial in minimizing your chances of experiencing beetle activity around your property, none of them are entirely effective on their own. The best thing to do is enlist the help of the pest professionals. Reach out to Hawk Mosquito & Pest to discuss your beetle problems today.
Why Are There Moths In My Suffolk Kitchen?
If you’re wondering why there are moths in your Suffolk kitchen, you should know they are likely pantry moths. Pantry moths, also known as Indian-meal moths, are common pests that invade kitchens, grocery stores, restaurants, food industry facilities, and anywhere else they can find stored food products.
Pantry moths mainly eat grains and corn meal, so it makes sense why they’re also called flour moths, grain moths, or weevil moths. Whatever you call them, the fact remains: experts consider them the most common and destructive stored food pest in the United States.
Indian meal moths often find their way inside homes via stored food products that you bring in from the outside. When products you purchase from a grocery store have an infestation of their larvae, they can be brought into your home, further exposing your kitchen to infestation.
Adult moths lay their eggs in various dried food sources found in your kitchen and pantry areas. After the eggs hatch, the larvae feed on dry goods. You will mostly discover them in stored food products such as grains, flours, cereals, dried foods, nuts, rice, seeds, spices, certain candies, pet foods, and bird seed.
For ongoing protection from pantry moths and other invasive pests, the best plan of action is to call on your local pest experts. Here at Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we are familiar with these stored food pests and know how to eliminate them completely. Call today to get started.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Cockroaches In My Suffolk Home?
Cockroaches infest our homes and cause widespread contamination. They leave saliva, feces, shed skin, and excrement everywhere they go, contaminating the premises and causing allergens and pathogens to spread around your home. This can lead to a variety of illnesses.
Some cockroach-related illnesses include salmonellosis, dysentery, cholera, typhoid fever, gastroenteritis, listeriosis, and giardia. Considering how dangerous it is to have cockroaches in your Suffolk home, we recommend securing the proper protection.
If you suspect cockroaches around your home, contact the team at Hawk Mosquito & Pest right away. The sooner the problem is addressed, the more likely you are to minimize the harmful effects of the infestation. Our trusted Suffolk cockroach control and prevention services are guaranteed to protect you all year long. Contact us today for more information.
Why You Should Get Rid Of Fleas In Suffolk
Fleas are infamous parasitic pests that feed on the bloodmeal of both mammals and birds. They prefer hairy mammals as their hosts, as it’s much easier to latch onto hair than bare skin. Getting fleas can be harmful, as they can transmit diseases to their hosts when they bite. This can lead to a long list of adverse health effects.
Fleas can give tapeworms to pets, and their saliva can cause severe allergies in cats and dogs. They are also capable of spreading a variety of bacterial diseases and vector illnesses to humans as well. There are around 2,000 flea species around the world and about 300 species in the United States alone. They move with their powerful legs, which they use to jump from host to host, meaning they can spread easily around your property once they get inside.
This is why you should get rid of fleas in Suffolk. To effectively address your flea control and prevention needs, call in the professionals right away. Hawk Mosquito & Pest is here to manage all your flea problems, no matter how big or small. Reach out to us to request your detailed service quote.