Quality Pest Control in Chesapeake, VA
Named after the iconic Chesapeake Bay that’s a crucial geographic point along the East Coast, Chesapeake is an independent city within the Commonwealth of Virginia. Formerly part of Norfolk County until the state embraced independent communities, Chesapeake is in the southern portion of the state and is the second-most populous city in Virginia. More people generally means there are more factors that attract pests, which is why Chesapeake property owners need to be prepared with ways to prevent pest infestations and quickly respond to problems.
Residential Pest Control In Chesapeake
Nothing puts a damper on your relaxing time at home than a pest problem. From the gross side effects of their activity – like droppings they leave behind and the diseases they carry – to the damage they can cause, you don’t want to have to contend with home invaders. This is why you should turn to experts for residential pest control done right. At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we assist Chesapeake homeowners by offering these crucial services:
- Quarterly Service: Different kinds of pests are a problem at different times of the year, which is why quarterly services protect you from the widest range of threats.
- Inspections: The other trick to staying on top of pest problems is catching them early, which is only possible thanks to the trained eye of a professional.
- Treatments: If pests are already a concern, we take care of them quickly and effectively. Our treatments are affordable and safe.
Get residential pest control you can count on by contacting Hawk Mosquito & Pest today.
Commercial Pest Control In Chesapeake
As disruptive as pests can be for homeowners, they can be downright costly for small businesses. With the costs of repairs brought on by their damage or the fines and closures that can result from word getting out of a pest infestation, local businesses have to think about commercial pest control long before a population is already a problem.
At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, here is how we assist Chesapeake businesses:
- Basic Pest Control: Some business owners just need basic protection from the most common pests. Our basic services cover things like ants and spiders.
- Specialty Control: But it’s also important to protect against the more serious pests, which can be more dangerous and damaging to your property. Our specialty treatments target pests like termites and rodents.
- Cost Benefits: While it can seem expensive to pursue professional commercial pest control, it actually saves you money in the long run by ensuring that pests never harm your bottom line.
Maintain a healthy business in Chesapeake by turning to Hawk Mosquito & Pest today.
The Trick To Spotting Signs Of Termites On Your Chesapeake Property
Pest problems can range from annoying to dangerous. Termite infestations tend to be both. Not only can they result in cosmetic damage around a property, but they can also even lead to structural hazards. This is why Chesapeake property owners need to learn how to spot the earliest signs of a termite colony.
Experts can help you identify these problems:
- Holes & Mounds: Depending on the species of termite you’re dealing with, they can build tunnels or mounds in your yard. Spotting the often tiny holes that indicate a termite colony can be difficult, however.
- Discarded Wings: One of the earliest signs of termite activity is the discarded wings of the alates, which are the queens of a newly forming colony.
- Warped Wood: As termite damage becomes prevalent, it leads to warped woods around your property. If you notice buckling wood surfaces or suddenly ill-fitting windows and doors, call the experts right away.
The best way to avoid this kind of termite activity is with the help of pest control experts. Contact Hawk Mosquito & Pest to get started today.
All The Problems Bed Bugs Can Cause In Your Chesapeake Home
For most people, the thought of a pest feeding on them in the middle of the night is the stuff of, well… nightmares. There’s a good reason that bed bugs are so talked about as parasitic problems, and it’s because they do this exact thing. They like to infest bedrooms so that they can feed on our blood at night, but bed bugs can actually infest a whole lot more areas around a home than people tend to realize. That’s why professional bed bug control can keep you protected. Plus, you need to be constantly on the lookout for these signs of bed bug activity:
- Bites: In order to draw out our blood for its nutrients, bed bugs bite the skin of people and pets alike. This results in itchy welts that can become infected after repeated scratching.
- Eggs: Bed bug eggs are small, cream-colored kernels that look kind of like rice. They are often hidden in dark areas, not far from the source of their feeding.
- Stains: As bed bugs bite, or as their eggs hatch, their activity can lead to red spotting or yellow stains on linens.
Don’t let bed bugs harass you at night, contact Hawk Mosquito & Pest today for quality bed bug control, whether you need a trained expert to check for these signs or to quickly eliminate the problem.
When Is It Time To Call A Professional For Cockroaches In My Chesapeake Home?
No one likes seeing a cockroach in their home. These pests are nasty and can be dangerous to your health since they spread disease. You may be able to kill one with a spray or trap it and release it outside. But what do you do when you have more than one cockroach? Or when they keep coming back?
That's when it's time to call a professional. Cockroaches are difficult to get rid of on your own for several reasons:
- They're good at hiding. Cockroaches like to stay hidden during the day and only come out at night, making it difficult to find them and figure out where they are hiding.
- They reproduce quickly. A female cockroach can lay up to 40 eggs at a time. So even if you kill some cockroaches, more will quickly take their place.
- They're resistant to chemicals. Cockroaches have developed a resistance to many store-bought products used to kill them, meaning that even if you use these products, they may not be effective.
If you're dealing with a cockroach problem, it's best to call the experts at Hawk Mosquito & Pest. We can help you get rid of cockroaches in your Chesapeake home the right way and keep them from coming back. Contact us today to learn more.
Why Chesapeake Residents Cannot Afford To Ignore Rodent Problems
Rodents are a serious problem in Chesapeake homes. Not only are they unsightly, but they can also carry diseases and cause damage to your property. When you hear mice or rats inside your walls or find a few droppings, you may choose to ignore them. But that's a mistake. Rodent problems can quickly grow out of hand; the longer you wait to deal with them, the worse it will be.
Here are a few reasons why Chesapeake residents cannot afford to ignore rodent problems:
- Rodents can damage your home. Mice and rats like to gnaw on things, including the wood in your home and even the insulation.
- Rodents can start fires. If rodents gnaw on electrical wires, it can create a fire hazard. In fact, many house fires are started by rodents each year.
- Rodents can contaminate your food. Mice and rats eat just about anything, including the food in your pantry or cupboards. And as they rummage through your food, they can leave droppings and saliva behind, contaminating it, and can make you and your family sick.
- Rodents can spread diseases. Mice and rats can carry a variety of harmful diseases, including salmonellosis and hantavirus.
- Rodents can be difficult to eliminate. Once rodents infest your home, they can be challenging to remove with do-it-yourself methods like traps. And even if you do manage to get rid of one or two, more will quickly take their place.
Hawk Mosquito & Pest Control has the expertise to get rid of rodents in your home by identifying the source of the issue. We will also take steps to prevent them from coming back. Contact us today to learn more about our Chesapeake rodent control services, or for a free quote.
Differences Between Professional Mosquito Control And DIY Solutions In Chesapeake
When it comes to mosquito control in Chesapeake, there are a lot of DIY solutions out there. But is do-it-yourself really the best option? Here's a look at the differences between professional mosquito control and DIY solutions:
- Professional mosquito control is more effective. DIY mosquito solutions may help reduce the number of mosquitoes in your yard, but they are nowhere near as effective as professional mosquito control. At Hawk Mosquito & Pest Control, we use full barrier spray treatments and the award-winning In2Care system for long-term mosquito reduction.
- Professional mosquito control targets the source of the problem. Most DIY mosquito solutions only target adult mosquitoes, but that's not enough. To solve the problem, you need to target the source: the larvae. Hawk Mosquito & Pest Control's full barrier spray treatments target adult mosquitoes and larvae, eliminating them at every stage of their life cycle.
- Professional mosquito control is safe. When it comes to mosquito control, safety is always a concern. Some DIY solutions, like foggers and spray bombs, can be dangerous if not used properly. And even some "natural" solutions, like citronella candles, can cause irritation for some people. When choosing professional mosquito control, you can rest assured that our solutions are safe for your family and pets.
If you're ready to enjoy your yard again and keep mosquitoes away for good, call Hawk Mosquito & Pest Control. We offer a variety of effective mosquito control solutions to fit your needs and budget. Contact us today for a free quote.
Chesapeake Pest Control Pros Share Ant Prevention Tips
Ants are a common household pest that can be surprisingly difficult to eliminate. But don't despair—there are things you can do to prevent ants from taking over your home. Here are some tips from the Chesapeake pest control pros at Hawk Mosquito & Pest Control:
- Keep your kitchen clean. One of the best things you can do to prevent ants is to keep your kitchen clean. Wipe up spills immediately, don't leave food out, and wash dishes regularly. Ants are attracted to food, so the less food they can find in your kitchen, the less likely they are to stick around.
- Store food in sealed containers. Even if you're good about keeping your kitchen clean, ants can still find their way in if you're not careful about how you store food. Be sure to store all food—including cereal, crackers, and even pet food—in sealed containers. Glass or metal containers are best, but plastic will work in a pinch.
- Caulk cracks and crevices. Ants can squeeze through tiny cracks and crevices, so it's important to seal up any openings around your home—especially in the kitchen and bathroom. Caulking is an easy and effective way to do this. Just be sure to use good quality caulking and follow the instructions on the package.
Hawk Mosquito & Pest Control can help if you already have an ant problem. Our Chesapeake pest control pros will determine the best way to get rid of the ants depending on your particular situation. We back our Chesapeake with a warranty, so if they come back, we'll return—and for free. Call us today to learn more or to schedule a free inspection.