Pest Control In Acredale, VA
Situated on the banks of the Chesapeake Bay, Acredale is a small town with a big heart. The community is close-knit, and everyone looks out for one another. It's the perfect place to raise a family or retire.
Sadly, Acredale is also home to many pests, including flies, cockroaches, mosquitoes, and ants. While it's easy to ignore these critters, they can cause serious problems if left unchecked.
Hence, it's important to be proactive about pest control. Virginia Beach County pest control firm - Hawk Mosquito & Pest offers a comprehensive range of services to keep your home or business pest-free.
From monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual treatments, we'll work with you to find the best solution for your needs. And, because we're a family-owned and operated firm, we understand the importance of customer service. You can count on us to be prompt, professional, and courteous. We're also proud to offer competitive rates without compromising on quality.
Schedule your inspection today, and let us help you secure your property against pests.
Residential Pest Control In Acredale
As a homeowner, you know that pests can be more than just a nuisance; they can pose a threat to your family's health and safety. Thus it's important to have a reliable home pest control partner you can trust to keep your home free of insects, rodents, and other pests.
Hawk Mosquito & Pest is a leading residential pest control services provider in Acredale. We offer a wide range of treatment options to target specific pests, including:
- Ants: If you have an ant problem, we will treat the perimeter of your home to create a barrier that prevents them from entering.
- Cockroaches: We will inspect your property for hiding places and food and water sources for cockroaches. Then we'll target these areas with our powerful treatments.
- Flies: Our team will identify and treat potential breeding sites to help reduce the fly population on your property.
- Mosquitoes: We do a barrier spray treatment and utilize the In2Care system to ensure that the mosquitoes are not invading your property.
Come and discover why over 500 homeowners trust us in Acredale. Request a quote today.
Commercial Pest Control In Acredale
Being a well-established business, we appreciate that your reputation is everything. As such, we go the extra mile to ensure that pests don't inconvenience your customers and employees.
At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we offer a comprehensive commercial pest control services that cover all aspects of pest management, including:
- Inspection. We will inspect your premises and identify any hiding spots in addition to food and water sources for pests.
- Treatment. Our technicians will target these areas with powerful products to eliminate the pests.
- Monitoring. We will continuously monitor your premises to ensure that the pests don't return.
We customize each aspect of our commercial pest control service to suit the specific needs of your business. This includes working out a treatment schedule that doesn't disrupt your operations.
Some of the sectors we serve include:
- Condos & Developments
- Hotels & Motels
- Retail Spaces
- Storage & Warehouses
Are you looking for a reliable, trustworthy, and affordable pest control contractor in Acredale? Look no further than Hawk Mosquito & Pest. A pest-free guarantee backs our services, so you know you're getting more than your money's worth.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about how we can help you achieve a pest-free environment.
Is Professional Mosquito Treatment Right For My Acredale Home?
You probably have enough to worry about without having to constantly check for mosquitoes. Not only are these insects a nuisance, but they can also transmit diseases like:
- Zika virus
- West Nile virus
- Dengue fever
Fortunately, there's a way to free yourself from the burden of mosquito control - professional mosquito treatment.
Other options for minimizing the impact of mosquitoes on your property include:
- Draining any stagnant water around your property, such as in birdbaths and ponds
- Keeping your lawn short
- Wearing long-sleeved shirts and pants when outdoors
- Using mosquito repellent
Although these methods can reduce the mosquito population on your property, they are not always 100% effective. The only recommended way to ensure no mosquitoes are present is to hire a professional mosquito control company.
At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we use the latest technology and products to eliminate mosquitoes from your property. We start with a thorough inspection of your premises to identify potential breeding sites. Then, we target these areas with our powerful treatments. We only use EPA-approved products that are safe for humans, animals, and the environment.
Finally, we continuously monitor your property to ensure that the mosquitoes do not return. If they do, we will re-treat your property at no extra cost to you.
Four Simple Yet Effective Ant-Prevention Tips For Acredale Properties
Ant pest control can be a challenging and time-consuming task, particularly if you don't know where to start. To save you the trouble, here's a shortlist of four ant-prevention tips:
- Seal off cracks and crevices. Ants can enter your home through the smallest of openings. Inspect the exterior of your property and seal off any cracks and crevices you find.
- Keep your food put away. Store all food, including pet food, in sealed containers. Wipe down surfaces after each meal, and don't leave crumbs lying around.
- Eliminate moisture. Ants are attracted to moisture, so keeping your property dry is crucial. Fix any leaks and remove any sources of standing water, such as in potted plants.
- Remove attractants. Some ants are attracted to certain chemicals, such as those found in soap and grease. Keep your surfaces clean and free of these attractants to prevent ants from coming inside.
Observing these simple-to-follow tips can help avoid an ant infestation. But, if you're struggling with an existing problem, reach out to your nearest pest control company for assistance.
Here at Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we specialize in ant removal and prevention. We will work with you to find a solution that checks all the boxes - safe, effective, and affordable.
Don't wait until it's too late; contact us today to receive a free quote with no strings attached.
Pest Problems In The Crawlspace/Foundation Require Professional Repair
At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we are a local family-owned business that is 100% dedicated to our customers’ needs. Integrity is infused into everything that we do and our technicians always perform thorough inspections so that we can understand the root cause of your pest issues.
When pests invade your property, they very likely may have entered through your insulation and ended up in a crawlspace or caused issues for your foundation. In order to rectify these issues, we offer services such as crawl space encapsulations, vapor barrier installations, crawl space moisture control, attic insulation installation, and much more. Whether tangible or emotional, the benefits abound. These services can create better air quality at home, lessen the spread of allergens, lower electric bills, and provide protection from future pest invasions. To learn more about our crawl space or foundation repair services, call us today.
Don't Let Cockroaches Invade Your Acredale Home: Here's How
If cockroaches get inside your Acredale home, they have the potential to spread harmful health risks like E. coli and salmonella. They may also be very challenging to get rid of because of their ability to live without much sustenance, sneaky hiding spots, and the German cockroach’s growing immunity to common treatments. That said, here are a few ways that you can try to keep cockroaches out of your home:
- Be meticulous about food storage. Always keep snacks, baking ingredients, and other pantry items in sealed containers. When storing leftovers in the fridge, make sure that those are properly covered as well. If you have pets, always keep kibble in a secure container as well.
- Be prompt about fixing water issues. Cockroaches need water to survive, which is why it’s so crucial that you never overlook a leaky sink or pipe. Check for these issues routinely and correct any that you find. It may also prove helpful to install dehumidifiers in areas like the basement.
- Patch up openings. To decrease your chances of having cockroaches invade your home, seal off cracks in your foundation, especially near where it meets the ground, with silicone-based caulk.
- Aim for cleanliness. It’s also important to keep a hygienic living environment where you vacuum and disinfect countertops often and never miss trash collection day.
For additional help with cockroach prevention, call Hawk Mosquito & Pest today.
How To Prevent Wasps & Other Stinging Insects In Acredale
Wasps and stinging insects have the ability to make summertime in Acredale less enjoyable and even potentially dangerous. Here are a few ways that homeowners can try to limit their exposure to stinging insects this season:
- Reduce food sources. Wasps and stinging insects are usually looking for something sweet or meaty to eat. Always store garbage bins securely, dispose of any rotting fruit that has fallen from trees, wipe down the grill after using it, and when eating outside, clean up after any drink spills thoroughly.
- Landscape with repelling plants. There are certain plants that contain natural properties that may provide some protection against wasps and stinging insects. Those plants include citronella, mint, and thyme, among others.
- Try trickery. Wasps are particularly territorial insects and if they suspect that other wasps have built a nest on a property, they may leave it alone. Homeowners can mimic these nests with blown-up brown paper bags or paper lanterns.
- Turn to a professional. One of the most effective ways to prevent stinging insects is to remove old or active nests, which is a task that’s best left to the stinging insect control professionals. By working with a pest control company, people can also benefit from barrier treatments and other preventive measures.
For more information on stinging insect prevention, call Hawk Mosquito & Pest today.
Why Bed Bug Infestations In Acredale Can Be Difficult To Identify
The bed bug infestations in Acredale are often regarded as challenging to locate and identify, and with good reason. To start, bed bugs usually live near their food source. This means that they are usually relegated to the depths of mattresses, sofas, chairs, footrests, and other furniture items. Bed bugs may even live inside of dresser drawers and nightstands. If an infestation becomes too large, it may spread to electrical outlets and other nooks that people can’t easily access. Another factor that makes identifying bed bugs is that they come out to feed only when people are sleeping. This simple fact means that homeowners with bed bug infestations rarely ever see the perpetrators.
The signs of a bed bug infestation can also make identifying one difficult. Sometimes bed bugs leave behind eggs and their shells. These are very small and light in color so it could be easy to overlook them. Another sign includes a musty smell, which may be confused for mold or humidity in a house. Even the bites that bed bugs deliver could be mistaken for mosquito bites or other pest bites if people have spent any time outdoors. For more information on bed bug control, call Hawk Mosquito & Pest today.