Pest Control In Academy Park, VA
Academy Park, VA is a suburban neighborhood located in the independent city of Portsmouth, VA. With just under 100,000 residents living in and around Academy Park in close quarters, Portsmouth pest control needs have never been higher. At Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we provide the highest-quality pest control service for all Academy Park home and business owners.
Residential Pest Control In Academy Park
Here at Hawk Mosquito & Pest, we take you and your family's health and safety seriously. Our residential pest control programs deliver prompt, professional service with lasting results. When you partner with us, your technician will:
- Complete a thorough inspection.
- Design a treatment plan tailored to your needs.
- Treat both the interior and exterior of your home.
- Provide seasonal treatment for year-round protection.
- Perform follow-up visits to ensure you stay pest-free.
Our residential pest control services are backed by a 100% guarantee that your home will remain pest-free. Our highly trained technicians use eco-friendly products that are safe for humans and pets but deadly for pests. For swift, safe, and reliable service, give us a call today!
Commercial Pest Control In Academy Park
Hawk Mosquito & Pest is a local, family-owned business. We understand the stress that comes with keeping operations running smoothly. When pests invade, your life can quickly turn into a public relations nightmare, and the health of your employees and patrons could be at risk. That's why we provide a range of commercial pest control services to the following types of establishments:
- Retail space
- Storage & warehouses
- Hotels & motels
- Condos & Developments
In addition to providing free estimates, we also offer same-day and emergency commercial pest control services. Our eco-friendly products are the toughest available on the professional market while still being safe and sanitary for your patrons and employees. Don't let pests throw a wrench in your business's operations. Call us today to request a quote.
Top 10 Things You Should Know About Ticks In Academy Park
The farther you travel up the Northeast, the more critical professional tick removal becomes. For Academy Park residents, tick bites are something to be concerned about. Below are ten things everyone should know about the ticks here in Academy Park:
- There are four types of ticks in Virginia state: the brown dog tick, the lone star tick, the American dog tick, and the deer tick.
- In Virginia, the lone star tick and American dog tick are vectors for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
- The deer tick is a vector of Lyme disease.
- To contract RMSF, the tick needs to be attached to a human host for at least four to six hours. Symptoms include headaches, chills, and a fever.
- After a tick bites, they need to be attached for 36 hours before they can transmit Lyme disease. Symptoms include a red bullseye rash and flu-like symptoms.
- Ticks do not die off during the wintertime.
- Your pets are just as at-risk for tick-borne illnesses as you are.
- You can cut back on ticks in your yard by keeping the grass short.
- Your veterinarian can prescribe an effective tick treatment for your animals.
- Wearing light-colored clothing will help you locate ticks on your body.
Tick-borne illnesses are no joke, as they can linger in your system for many years. That is why Hawk Mosquito & Pest offers professional tick removal services proven to repel the ticks from your Academy Park property. To keep you, your family, and your pets healthy, give us a call!
Wasp Prevention Tips Every Academy Park Homeowner Should Know
There are several types of wasps in Academy Park. Luckily, the following prevention tips will work for all different kinds:
- Take away the places where they like to build nests: All types of wasps like building nests in holes and other similar areas. Cover up holes in the ground. Then, replace and repair any damaged walls, sidings, fence posts, or rails.
- Fix window screens: Check all your door and window screens and ensure no tears are in them. If there are, fix them, as this could be one of the ways wasps are getting inside your home.
- Keep your yard clean: Make sure trash and garbage is properly stored in securely covered bins. Regularly clean up your yard and property of any debris, especially food waste.
Nothing ruins an outdoor gathering like wasps do. If you want to keep these pests from your yard, don't wait. Contact us today for a free estimate!